This job aid instructs providers on where to enter the 14-digit alpha-numeric unique tracking number (UTN) provided in the PCR notification on the final claim.
- For episodes that begin prior to January 1, 2020, the billing remains unchanged. The Treatment Authorization Code will be keyed in positions 1 through 18. The UTN will follow in positions 19 through 32 of loop 2300 REF02 (REF01=G1).
- For billing periods that begin on or after January 1, 2020, the Treatment Authorization Code is no longer required, and you must key the UTN in positions 1 through 18. When the claim enters the Fiscal Intermediary Shared System (FISS), the UTN will move to positions 19 through 32 and zeros will autofill the first field.
Direct Data Entry
- For episodes that begin prior to January 1, 2020, enter 18-digit alpha-numeric Treatment Authorization Code in the TREAT. AUTH CODE field on page 5. Once the 18-digit code is entered, the cursor will move to the next available field, where the UTN shall be entered.
- For billing periods that begin on or after January 1, 2020, the provider must TAB to the second field of the treatment authorization field (positions 19–32) and key the UTN. If information is entered into the first field (positions 1 through 18), it will come into FISS as zeros.
- If the Treatment Authorization Code is entered into the first field, FISS changes the Treatment Authorization code to zeros and the claim will not be accepted
- If the UTN is entered into the first Treatment Authorization field, FISS will change the UTN to all zeros. The claim is accepted into FISS with the zeros and without the UTN. The claim will process without the UTN, but will edit for the Pre-Claim Review (PCR) UTN.